Lost Lives (Emily Swanson Mystery Thrillers Book 1)
- Sometimes the missing are not meant to be found…
When troubled young teacher Emily Swanson moves into her new London apartment, she discovers that the former tenant is missing and no one is looking for her. Some say Alina has run away from her violent husband, but as Emily’s curiosity soon turns into obsession, she becomes convinced something far more sinister has happened.
- Enlisting the help of smart-talking neighbour Jerome, Emily’s search takes her across the city and towards a hospice for the terminally ill. But good intentions quickly turn into a terrifying fight for Emily’s life—and her sanity—when she and Jerome are drawn into a chilling world where the missing are not meant to be found. To find Alina, Emily must first confront her own dark demons. But what are they? And why is she hell-bent on hiding her past from her new-found friends?
- Author’s Note
While every author loves and appreciates getting reviews, some readers might not appreciate reviews that contain spoilers. Please consider marking your review as *Contains Spoilers* if it contains crucial plot details. Thank you!
- About the Emily Swanson Series
The Emily Swanson Mystery Thrillers series is set in modern day London and around the UK. The books blend all the twists & turns of a classic British mystery, with the fast and gripping pace of a thriller—which means there’s always a trail of clues to follow, as well as lots of running, chasing, and life-threatening danger.
- The series also has a strong focus on its characters.
- Who is Emily Swanson?
Imagine Nancy Drew grew up with an anxiety disorder and has escaped a dark and troubling past—that’s Emily Swanson. But what Emily lacks in stability, she makes up for in intelligence, ingenuity, and a determination to help the people around her. She’s quiet and she’s thoughtful, but she’s not afraid to take risks—even if those risks endanger her life.
- Would I enjoy the Emily Swanson Mystery Thrillers?
If you’re a fan of tightly-plotted mysteries and gripping crime thrillers, then these books are for you.
- However, if you’re a cozy mystery fan you may want to look elsewhere. Emily Swanson may be an amateur detective, but the series goes to some dark and disturbing places, and while not explicitly violent, there are some grisly and possibly upsetting scenes.
- Emily Swanson would be enjoyed by fans of The Girl on the Train, Before I Go to Sleep, The Girl in the Ice, and series such as the Lizzy Gardner series by T.R. Ragan, and the Erin Solomon series by Jen Blood.
- Can the novels be read in any order?
Each book can be read as a standalone novel. However, they are linked to one another in several ways. By reading them out of order you may spoil some of the twists and turns for yourself.
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“Great read! Malcolm Richards’s rich description of London life shows great understanding of the complexity of urban life, he manages to bring a depth of character to Emily and brings her to life in her surroundings in a way that any who has ever spent time in a city can relate to. The dynamics of the story flowed brilliantly….a real page turner with a gratifying twist at the end. A must read for lovers of a good, well paced, original gripping thriller.” By Marie Irvine
“The basic plot of this book has been used many times, but here is given a new twist, the heroine being both infuriating, yet likeable. This book is easy enough to get through, but has enough weight to keep you interested. I shall await the next book in the series, having enjoyed this one very much” By Mr. Kenneth D. Jones
Kindle Price: Kindle Edition £0.00, Paperback £7.99
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 2761 KB
Print Length: 318 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Storm House; 1 edition (17 Nov. 2015)
Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Word Wise: Enabled
Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars 60 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #59 Free in Kindle Store