Mark of the Loon (Gen Delacourt Mystery Book 1)
- A GREAT cozy mystery without the cute!
Madison Boone is keen to buy a fabulous stone cottage in the country, and she nixes her budding relationship with Coleman Welles to do it. But once the renovation begins, the property’s long-buried secret threatens to derail everything. Can her friends help solve the mystery?
- Mark of the Loon – the first of the series – is the skillful combination of history, mystery, and romance in a novel that explores choices, taking risks, dealing with loss, deep, satisfying, unconditional friendships – and introduces Genevieve Delacourt as an impressive amateur sleuth!
- What Amazon readers are saying:
Molly Greene’s stunning debut novel, Mark of the Loon, is a glorious read, with brilliant descriptions and pitch-perfect characterization. I loved spending time with the four smart, wise, fun-loving women at the center of this novel. As I read, their gorgeously developed friendship made me wish I could climb into their world and join them. With Mark of the Loon, Molly Greene has established herself as a remarkable new voice in contemporary fiction. ~ Terri Giuliano Long, Author of the bestselling novel, In Leah’s Wake
- “From the time that Mallory Blackburne hears “the thunderous boom of metal striking wood…” this mystery captures the reader. Romance and mystery without the need for graphic sex or graphic violence; just a great read!”
- “A mystery that doesn’t devolve around murder, peopled by smart women who are figuring out things for themselves, who have personal issues that don’t center on whether they’re overweight or pretty or…whatever. The main characters are all fleshed out and real, with real people problems. And well edited to boot!”
- “Molly Greene has a gift which spins a tale that keeps you in the dark until the dawn slowly rises and reveals a landscape of unexpected proportions. Ms. Greene is very good at defining characters via their actions and dialogue. The dialogue is so well crafted the reader feels they are sitting in an armchair or at the table with those in discussion instead of reading words on a page.”
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“A slow burn of a mystery, very enjoyable. Believable characters, some quirky. Liked the style, the environment – which took a little getting used to for a Brit – and the writing was top notch. Held me throughout. The climax hurtled through and that worked well. Clever dialogue, realistic and interesting.” By Liz Bailey
“Molly Greene’s first novel is an easy and satisfying read; I devoured it in one session. There is an original storyline with some thrilling moments and wonderful settings. I particularly enjoyed meeting the four friends who are central to this book and hope to meet up with them again in future Gen Delacourt mysteries.” By Elizabeth Ducie
Kindle Price: Kindle Edition £0.00, Audio Download £0.00
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 828 KB
Print Length: 275 pages
Publisher: Molly R. Greene (29 Nov. 2013)
Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Word Wise: Enabled
Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars 11 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #115 Free in Kindle Store