Touching the Clouds (Alaskan Skies Book #1): A Novel
- Kate Evans is an adventurous and independent young woman with a pioneering spirit. When she leaves her home in Washington State to follow her dream of being an Alaskan bush pilot, she knows it will be an uphill battle. But she never expected it to be quite like this. As the lone woman in a man’s world, she finds that contending with people’s expectations is almost as treacherous as navigating the wild arctic storms.
- When she crosses paths with a mysterious man living alone in the forbidding wilderness, she faces a new challenge. Can Kate break through the walls he has put up around his heart? And will fear keep her from realizing her dreams?
- Book 1 in the Alaskan Skies series, Touching the Clouds will draw you in with raw emotion and suspense, all against the stunning backdrop of the Alaskan wilds.
- “Vivid writing. Bonnie Leon immerses the reader in the time period, the setting, and deep into the hearts of the characters. I didn’t want to leave them behind when I closed the book.”–Lena Nelson Dooley, author of Wild West Christmas and Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico
- “A fresh and exciting story of romance and suspense. Kate’s tale will take you on a high-flying adventure and make you smile as you discover with her the real meaning of a deep and abiding love.”–Amber Stockton, author of Liberty’s Promise
- Bonnie Leon is the bestselling author of several books of historical fiction. She lives in Oregon.
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“A very easy book to read. Interesting descriptions of the Alaskan landscape and a feisty determined heroine to admire. Just enough romance to satisfy those who look for love in a story, but not mushy enough to deter those who want adventure. My Dad was even happy to read it! Once I started this book I couldn’t put it down and I’ve now bought the second book because I couldn’t wait to find out what happens to Kate.” By Emma
“I really enjoyed this book and couldn’t put it down. It is a beautiful story about a determined lady pilot who loves and loses. Not a twee read by any means and I loved her gritty determination in the middle of a love story and a woman’s fight for her freedom to do what she wanted to do in a man’s world. Excited to discover there is a second book in this series – I will definitely be buying it” By Sara’s scribe
Kindle Price: Kindle Edition £0.00, Paperback £8.99
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 783 KB
Print Length: 369 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0800733592
Publisher: Revell (1 July 2010)
Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Word Wise: Enabled
Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars 57 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,028 Free in Kindle Store