The Tumor: A Non-Legal Thriller
- John Grisham says THE TUMOR is the most important book he has ever written. In this short book, he provides readers with a fictional account of how a real, new medical technology could revolutionize the future of medicine by curing with sound.
- THE TUMOR follows the present day experience of the fictional patient Paul, an otherwise healthy 35-year-old father who is diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Grisham takes readers through a detailed account of Paul’s treatment and his family’s experience that doesn’t end as we would hope. Grisham then explores an alternate future, where Paul is diagnosed with the same brain tumor at the same age, but in the year 2025, when a treatment called focused ultrasound is able to extend his life expectancy.
- Focused ultrasound has the potential to treat not just brain tumors, but many other disorders, including Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, hypertension, and prostate, breast and pancreatic cancer.
- For more information, you can visit The Focused Ultrasound Foundation’s website. Here you will find a video of Grisham on the TEDx stage with the Foundation’s chairman and a Parkinson’s patient who brings the audience to its feet sharing her incredible story of a focused ultrasound “miracle.”
- Readers will get a taste of the narrative they expect from Grisham, but this short book will also educate and inspire people to be hopeful about the future of medical innovation.
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“I think this was a thought provoking read however I have deducted one star as I feel the title should read The Tumour; A non Legal fact based book based on a fictional character’ instead of The Tumour; A Non-Legal Thriller. The title as it currently stands is deceiving as it is a book based on how focused ultrasound could aid patients who have brain tumours.” By Eleri J
“A very thought provoking book giving an important message to us all. Although I live in England so am not sure what the developments are here, I hope this treatment and research into it continues so that lives,are saved or at least extended.
Thank you Mr Grisham for making us,aware of this” By Jilly
Kinlde Price: Kindle Edition £0.00
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 14114 KB
Print Length: 67 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Focused Ultrasound Foundation (19 Jan. 2016)
Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Word Wise: Enabled
Enhanced Typesetting: Not Enabled
Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars 114 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #169 Free in Kindle Store